Monday 10 March 2014

9 months later....

So I've had my braces on for around 9 months now. I've also had a baby in this time. A son, he is three weeks old tomorrow! 

Obviously I don't have a lot of time to write a long post as I usually do. I'm preoccupied with breast feeding someone who is quite impatient! 

Dealing with my braces and being pregnant was no big deal at all. The few things I noticed which I'm not sure if they happen to everyone becaus I only ever had my braces whilst I was pregnant. 
- bleeding gums, at some points it was a lot! 
- inability to take pain medication in the first trimester. 
- not being able to eat certain foods that I really, really wanted to eat! Like taffy, caramels, biting into an apple. 

General braceface stuff. 


One thing I have found that has nothing to do with pregnancy, but everything to do with ceramic braces is the staining. 
I miss eating curry! 
I sometimes still do if I am really close to my next appointment and I know that the little ligatures will be changed asap. They are quite yellow at the moment with no curry! 
I haven't had an apointment in close to six weeks due to having a baby and all. 

Here's a progress pic, as per the norm it's blurry as....
update when I get a chance. 

3 comments:

  1. I think it’s more difficult to deal with braces when you’re pregnant because the gums get inflamed. It’s really painful. But it’s good to hear that you can bear it. Anyway, good luck on your journey! You will surely miss eating your favorite food, but it will all be over before you know it. Haha!

    Wallace Tucker

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just discovered your blog and cannot wait for you to post a new update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come to think of it, having braces and a baby can be a bit stressful. And I admire you for going through all of that at the same time! Anyway, the progress on the braces looks great. I can’t wait to see the next update! Thanks for sharing this with us, Erin. All the best!


    Karen Perry @ Brookside Dental Care

    ReplyDelete