Tuesday 29 January 2013

Day 54

It's only been three days since my last ramble so I won't go on too long.
My Palate expander is doing its job as far as I can see. I am forming gaps between my molars on both sides now and my jaw is sore a lot. Of course, I am still researching online, not everything is pleasant as non surgical Adult Palate Expansion is a touchy subject. Some say its possible, others say it won't work without surgery as the patients sutures are already fused together.
Anyway, I am not having surgery, it wasn't even brought up, and I'm glad for that because I hate going under.
My research has led me to believe that this may be why I am not forming a gap between my two front teeth, but between my molars, because my palate has not been 'snipped' in surgery.

There is plenty of information on the debate over adult palate expansion, so I won't go getting into that.

One of my expander 'arms' (the same one as before) is starting to come off my tooth again, probably due to more movement in my jaw. It's annoying.
Hopefully when I go back to the orthodontist in a few weeks, he will either take the arms off or bend it back in place. Most likely the latter, most of my notable expansion has been in the back teeth, I would like some more in the front.

I have had a dull head ache yesterday and today, more so in my upper jaw and cheek bones. I really really can't wait to have the expander out. My treatment plan states 4-6 months, we are nearly two months in and I am still expanding so it is looking more like 6 months at the moment. Fingers crossed that doesn't go up!!!! It's just so annoying, uncomfortable and ugly. I look forward to being able to run my tongue along the roof of my mouth again.

'Til next time.

1 comment:

  1. Erin, I am doing research to see if my arch can be expanded. I am 29, I am not sure how old you are. Did it work for you? Thank you

    ReplyDelete