Sunday 3 February 2013

Day 58, only two turns to go.

Day 58.
Only two turns left before I return to the orthodontist in 16 days time. I am very happy about that.
I think that my ortho was right when he said that the last of my turns would be the most painful. I have felt a lot of pressure recently, my teeth hurt when I eat food that is harder than a boiled egg. Also, my bite has changed so much it is impossible to eat politely. I really have given up on foods which I can't cut up because I just can't bite into anything. The only teeth which currently meet when I bite down are my back molars, no other teeth touch at all, this makes eating really hard when you are used to teeth that do bite efficiently.

I am quite the whinger.

So while your still listening......

My teeth have moved. Most notably, my molars which the expander is banded onto have moved the most. They are further out then my other teeth but still pointing downward, so I don't think they are 'tipping' to an angle, which is apparently unfavourable with adult expansion.

I have noticed that my gums are a lot smoother, I not longer have bumpy gums where my roots would be sticking out, instead my gums are nice and flat. I don't know if that's normal, I don't know if any of this is but it's a good sign.

My teeth just generally ache. This have a lot to do with turning the key of the expander and the teeth moving. When I had my short break over new year, my teeth felt so normal, I almost forgot I had an expander until I would eat something and get it stuck. So for now, I look forward to being brave enough to eat a crunchy roll or a piece of apple again, I am sure it will only be a few more days of this pain and aching before it stops again.

Plus the pain has been worthwhile this round of turns. I think I may have only done half turns a few times last round, this time every turn has been a 'full' turn and it definitely shows. My mouth both feels and looks bigger, and of what I can feel of inside, my palate has expanded quite a lot. I am hoping to hear at my next appointment that I will never have to turn it again, that will be my first milestone in my treatment. :)

I recently booked in to see my husbands dentist for future extractions. Once I have the expander removed, the first four premolars are being removed before being braced, so I have booked in to see him now to try and make sure that there is no lapse of time within my treatment, and I don't have to wait longer than necessary.
Anyway I have my first appointment with him on Thursday of this week, the entire practice there is just awesome, I am glad to spend my hard earned money there as they have treated both my husband and daughter wonderfully.
My orthodontist told me not to have my teeth cleaned before having my expander on as we were in a bit of a rush before Xmas and he didn't want to weaken the teeth prior to placing the expander. So I'm going to ask the dentist what he thinks about having a clean now it is on. I also have signs of receding gums at the front on the bottom and hope to have that sorted asap. I know it can cause quite serious symptoms and I am not paying for braces and a expander only to end up with no teeth anyway.
Fingers crossed for me.

I may just post again soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment